Float operated valves for use in automatic filling of water troughs. The valve is configured for underwater mounting only. The float is connected to the valve with a nylon cord, this operates a pilot valve, when the water level drops, the pilot valve is opened drops, the pilot valve is opened and the main diaphragm valve is activated. Mega flow is a good choice where its high flow, compact, robust, non corrosive construction is beneficial.
Maintaining Water Levels in:
• Animal Drinking Troughs
• Water Storage Tanks
• High flow
• Compact robust construction • 20-60mm (3⁄4” – 21⁄2”) water level differential (increases as water pressure increases)
• Positive on/off operation
• Lock off with cord lock
• 0.3 – 10 bar (5 – 150 P.S.I.) pressure rating
• Inlet filter
• Constructed from corrosion resistant materials
• Under water installation helps avoid freezing
• Valve is less prone to stock damage
Principles of Operation
The Valve is installed through the side wall of a storage tank. It should be mounted above the over ow level of the tank to prevent back ow.
- As the tank empties the weighted float travels down the cord and sits on the bottom stop to activate the valve.
- The valve will run until the weighted oat lifts clear of the bottom stop.
- The float will then rise as rainwater fills the tank and falls as the tank water is used.
- The Valve will only function at times when rain fall is insufficient to maintain a water level in the tank above the bottom stop.