The RainAid valve is designed to be connected to a mains water supply on a rainwater retention tank. It will provide a backup supply of water in the event of demand exceeding rain supply
Features and Benefits
- Under normal conditions, rain water will fill the tank. If the rainwater level drops below a pre-set level, the RainAid® will open to maintain the water level using mains water.
- The rainwater tank is used to supply water to non potable oulets such as toilets, laundry and garden.There is a 100mm differential between the open and closed positions of the RainAid® valve.
|Inlet||3/4″ BSP (male)||1/2″ BSP (male)|
|Outlet||N/A||1/4″ BSP (male)|
|Max inlet pressure||1200 kPa (175psi)||1200 kPa (175psi)|
|Min inlet pressure||55 kPa (8psi)||100 kPa (15psi)|
|Flow rate||See chart below||Internally restricted to 2 l/min|
|Strainer||Integral Filter||Watermarked brass Y strainer|
- Cold mains pressure water connection.
- Maximum temperature: 60˚C.
- Minimum temperature: 1˚C.
- Supplied with inlet strainer.
- Valve MUST NOT be fitted to tanks used partially or entirely for storm water detention. (Detention is the slow release of water run-off to the storm water drain during and after rainfall events).
- Valve must be installed with the brass Y strainer supplied (RA2L only)
- Do not restrict inlet water flow.
- Not to be modified.
- Valve must be installed horizontally.
- Overflow discharge must be visible.
- Overflow and air gap to comply with local standards (air gap of 3 x mains water inlet pipe diameter – 55mm – complies with AS/NZS 3500.1)
- The minimum water level (L) is easily set at any height during installation by adjusting the cord length.
- Cord must hang freely.
- Failure to affix label, supplied with the valve, near the visible overflow discharge will void Warranty.
- Some Australian states stipulate a minimum water level that must be maintained for fire fighting purposes.
- Some Australian states stipulate a visible air gap. With the RA2L a pipe can be plumbed from the 1/4″ BSP outlet to create a visible air gap. No more then 1 metre back pressure shall be applied to the valve from this pipe.
Important Legal Notice Overflow discharge must be visible. If overflow is discharging when there is no rainfall, isolate water supply and call a plumber immediately. This discharge comes from your metered water supply. Water loss is NOT covered by the manufacturers warranty. The valve is a mechanical water shut-off device which requires periodic maintenance. Every 6 months, check that the valve functions correctly. Gently push the lever down. When the valve opens, release the lever. When the weight is submerged, the valve should close. If the valve fails to shut off completely, it may be necessary to clean, service or replace it. Warranty is limited to any fault found in a valve due to poor workmanship or materials that is returned to Apex Valves Ltd within 2 years from the date of manufacture.
- Servicing is not likely to be required if the valve is fitted to a mains water supply.
- Trough–Mate spanner is available for disassembling the valve for servicing if this is required.
- Servicing details are provided on the packaging.
- The Y strainer (supplied with RA2L only) should be cleaned periodically.